Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ice Princess Kelsey


As some of you may know, on Wednesday night we brought the youth ice skating. We went last year to Penn's Landing "river rink" and they all had a blast, they have been begging all year to do it again. So... we went again this year, and Kevin even came with me this time. Both Kev and I have skating experience, he played hockey when he was younger, and I used to compete in figure skating with my sister. I love it. However it was freezing on Wednesday night, as you can tell by the picture above, I can hardly move my face, (Darylynn too, she was stuck like that) it was actually frozen like that all night......crazy hah?

 Despite the really cold weather everyone had fun, and I thought that being outside freezing my tail off was going to be the highlight of my week, but I was wrong. Because when we were driving home my arm was still hurting from my fall I had on the ice that night. I blew it off, but got an x-ray on Thursday....and sure enough, I fractured my arm. Whoops! It is a very small radial head fracture, and I will be fine in a few weeks. But in the mean time, it is so hard to do anything. Like change Annalise's diaper, put my clothes on, and play my guitar for work. So needless to say, it is going to be an interesting few weeks!!

8 comments:

Heather Stott said...

oh man! that totally stinks! Im sorry to here that! wish we lived by each other so I could come help with all that! you know the dressing you and all... haha... well at least the diapers! :)

Kevin, Leslie, and Harper said...

yes i've broken into the blog world! I knew nothing of so many people doing this--glad I'm in the loop now. . look what a little bedrest can do for you! Sorry to hear about the arm, I can imagine that makes daily life (especially with a one year old) very interesting. Good to hear from you!!

The Schexnayders said...

How fun! You guys are pro skaters too? Man you are a talented couple. Thanks for sharing!

Shilowe said...

I hope your arm heals quickly, Kelsey! You are such an awesome YW's president. I want you to know how much I admire you for how well you serve in your calling.

Kendy said...

So feel u girl i stabbed my self and had to get stitches in my hand while prego with Gooby and Sariah was 3months Jess stayed home one day and ANgel had to take off work cause i could not change diapers.

Doug and Mallena said...

I'm sorry you got hurt, but I wish I could have seen the awesome move you made right before you injured it. I'm sure it was something fancy. :)

Did this happen before or after your trip to Utah? I hope you injured it after so you didn't have to travel with a sore arm.

Jessica said...

Bummer broken arm. I wish we could have seen you during all the festivities. It was fun to see your fam at Andrews farewell. It is amazing to see the youngins all grown up. Good luck with your arm.

Patty Sampson said...

I hope you are starting to feel better. It so totally sucks that you hurt yourself. And I have to say that I had no idea your faces froze on top of it. :)